Our training has 2 components, the online theory and FULL day in class physical training. The online component MUST be completed prior to the physical training.
Recognized by the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services and endorsed by Public Service Health and Safety Association, and Workplace Safety Prevention Services. Safe Management Group’s Crisis Intervention Training Programs are designed to meet the individual training needs within educational settings. Developed by a team of psychologists, behaviour analysts/therapists and physical intervention specialists, Safe Management Group’s Crisis Intervention Training program uses evidence-based practices and techniques that are customized to address the unique behaviour and safety risks associated with working with children, youth and adults. Participants who successfully complete this course will receive a certificate of completion. At Safe Management Group we strive to be leaders in transforming peoples’ lives on their path to learning. We accomplish this by providing high quality training and consultation with care and respect.
Our program is divided into two areas Prevention and Management:
- Risk Management: focuses on various levels of risk; client, staff, agency. Participants will be taught how to assess risk and prepare themselves, their clients and their environment to decrease risk and increase safety
- Relationship Management: recognizing that the most crises occur as a result of some aspect of the quality of their relationship with others. Our program teaches seven basic principles of relationship management with associated techniques of intervention.
- Behaviour Management: Participants will work through a series of questions that will assist them in understanding their client and how the client expresses him/her aggressive behaviour in response to a specific trigger. Participants will be trained in as well as understanding the early non-aggressive warning signs and developing appropriate interventions to prevent and manage an escalating client.
- Aggression Management: This section of the program describes how to assess the development of an aggressive situation in terms of four phases and how to incorporate these findings into an understandable “escalation continuum”. Participants will also create an appropriate “staff response continuum” based on their knowledge of the client. This section recognizes that not all clients escalate the same and that not all responses are appropriate for all individuals.
- Physical Intervention Concepts: This section teaches participants about Safe Management’s best practices regarding physical interventions. Bio-mechanical technology is integrated to ensure safe, effective, least intrusive physical interventions, with no pain, pressure points, or hyperextensions.
- Physical Intervention Techniques: This section teaches staff basic movement, blocks, releases, containments and specialized techniques for unique settings.