Behavioural Support Specialist
About the Position:
Behaviour Specialists provide direct care services to individuals with complex needs. In addition to aiding residents with their daily activities, Behavior Specialists assist in providing behavioural training and interventions designed to modify residents’ behaviour. These services, delivered continuously throughout the day, may take place in one of our programs or out in the community, and encompass activities related to all aspects of daily living.
Current Locations Hiring:
- Oakville Residential Homes
- Georgetown Residential Homes
- Guelph Residential Homes
- Implements facility wide behavioral programs as well as individualized behavioral protocols and completing the necessary documentations.
- Models appropriate behavior, provides positive reinforcement and corrective feedback daily.
- Assists residents in Activities of Daily Living. This includes bathing, transfers, toileting and physical assistance, assisting and participating in physical, vocational and recreational activities.
- Transporting residents to medical appointments, vocational, recreational, and educational activities in the community (i.e. Grocery shopping, working out, etc.) This has been modified to reflect current Covid-19 concerns and safety.
- Administers residents’ medication programs.
- Interacts with residents’ family and visitors in the facility and on home visits.
- Completes all daily needed documentation (i.e. behavioral data, token exchange, shift summaries, house charts, checklists, medication administration records, and incident reports) including filing in client binders
- Ensure the safety of all residents and co-workers by ensuring a safe environment, following all safety protocols, and implementing the require physical and mechanical interventions.
- Energetic, self-motivated individuals to join our team.
- Bachelor’s degree in a health-care related field, and previous experience supporting individuals with challenging behaviors.
- Candidates must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Current First-Aid and CPR certification.
- Be available to work a rotating schedule (Morning, Evenings and Overnights).
- Valid Vulnerable Sector Screening.
- Effective verbal and written communication.
- Clean Driving record with no at fault accidents for last 6 years.
- Diploma in Behavioural Sciences, Police Foundations, or degree in Psychology, Criminology, or related discipline.
- Experience working with Individuals with complex behaviours would be an asset.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work well within a team.
- Understanding of Applied Behaviour Analysis.
- Previous Safe Management Training an asset.
- Working with the Adult Demographic an asset.
- Competitive Wages and Benefits available
- Job Type: Full-time, Part-time and Permanent Overnight Positions available
- Salary: $20.00-$24.00 per hour
Please forward your Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Human Resources at 905-849-0967 ext. 204