Behaviour Intervention Specialist
Behaviour Intervention Specialist’s provide direct care services to individuals with complex needs. In addition to aiding residents with their daily activities, Behavior Specialists assist in providing behavioral training and interventions designed to modify residents’ behavior. These services, delivered continuously throughout the day, may take place in one of our programs or out in the community, and encompass activities related to all aspects of daily living.
- Implements facility wide behavioral programs as well as individualized behavioral protocols and completing the necessary documentations.
- Models appropriate behavior, provides positive reinforcement and corrective feedback daily.
- Assists residents in ADL’s (Activities of Daily Living includes bathing, transfers, toileting and physical assistance), assists and participates in physical, vocational and recreational activities.
- Transports residents to medical appointments, vocational, recreational, educational activities in the community including Grocery shopping etc.
- Administers residents’ medication programs.
- Interacts with residents’ family and visitors in the facility and on home visits.
- Completes all daily needed documentation (i.e. behavioral data, token exchange, shift summaries, house charts, checklists, medication administration records, and incident reports) including filing in client binders
- Ensure the safety of all residents and co-workers by ensuring a safe environment, following all safety protocols, and implementing the require physical and mechanical interventions.
- Energetic, self-motivated individuals to join our team.
- Bachelor’s degree in a health-care related field, and previous experience supporting individuals with challenging behaviors.
- Candidates must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Current First-Aid and CPR
- Diploma in Behavioural Sciences, Police Foundations, or degree in Psychology, Criminology, or related discipline.
- Experience working with Individuals with complex behaviours would be an asset.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work well within a team
- Understanding of Applied Behaviour Analysis
- Competitive Wages and Benefits available
- RBT Training
- Crisis Intervention Training
To apply, please forward your resume to email@example.com.