Health Care Training Program
Recognized by the Ministry of Community and Social Services and endorsed by Public Service Health and Safety Association, Safe Management Group’s Crisis Intervention Training Programs are designed to meet the various training needs of agencies and organizations. Training sessions are available online and in class. Participants who successfully complete this course will receive a certificate of completion. Our Crisis Intervention Training Programs are designed to address various levels of risks within agencies/organizations working within a health care environment. Developed by a team of psychologists, behaviour analysts/therapists and martial arts experts, Safe Management Group’s programs use evidence based practices and techniques. Safe Management’s mission is guided by our core principle, caring for your safety through dignity and respect. Safe Management’s Crisis Intervention Training Program provides agencies/organizations with options and flexibility in order to address specific training needs. Our program is divided into two areas Prevention and Management:
- Risk Management: focuses on various levels of risk; client, staff, agency. Participants will be taught how to assess risk and prepare themselves, their clients and their environment to decrease risk and increase safety
- Relationship Management: recognizing that the most crises occur as a result of some aspect of the quality of their relationship with others. Our program teaches seven basic principles of relationship management with associated techniques of intervention.
- Behaviour Management: Participants will work through a series of questions that will assist them in understanding their client and how the client expresses him/her aggressive behaviour in response to a specific trigger. Participants will be trained in as well as understanding the early non-aggressive warning signs and developing appropriate interventions to prevent and manage an escalating client.
- Aggression Management: This section of the program describes how to assess the development of an aggressive situation in terms of four phases and how to incorporate these findings into an understandable “escalation continuum”. Participants will also create an appropriate “staff response continuum” based on their knowledge of the client. This section recognizes that not all clients escalate the same and that not all responses are appropriate for all individuals.
- Physical Intervention Concepts: This section teaches participants about Safe Management’s best practices regarding physical interventions. Bio-mechanical technology is integrated to ensure safe, effective, least intrusive physical interventions, with no pain, pressure points, or hyperextensions.
- Physical Intervention Techniques: This section teaches staff basic movement, blocks, releases, containments and specialized techniques for unique settings.
Safe Management Group’s Taking Assertive Action Training is a staff training program designed to address workplace violence and harassment (staff to staff conflict). Participants who successfully complete this course will receive a certificate of completion. This program recognizes current legislation (Bill 168) in Ontario, provides participants with an understanding of the various levels of violence, bullying, and harassment issues in the workplace while providing practical skills in the following areas:
- Managing Stress
- Managing Anger
- Expressing Yourself
- Listening to Others
- Problem Solving Together
- Making an Effective Complaint
- Domestic Violence
- Manager’s Strategies for Supporting Conflict Resolution
Safe Management Group’s FABIP program was designed for caregivers and families supporting an individual with acquired brain injury. This program provides caregivers and families with skills to effectively cope with stressful situations and understanding the effects of an acquired brain injury. This program covers the following topics:
- Facts about ABI
- Brain and Behaviour
- Neuropsychological Tests
- Coping by Problem Solving
- Attention and Memory
- Executive Functioning and Communication
- Dealing with Anger
The Online Safe Passage Program was developed to be a supplementary part of the EnvironScan™ Guidelines of the Safe Management Crisis Intervention Training Program to deal with the risks associated with working in the Community.
- Personal Considerations
- Client Considerations
- Transportation Considerations
- Building Considerations
- Planning Sheet